BCBSVT Phone Scam
BlueCross BlueShield of Vermont (BCBSVT) is reporting that members have received unsolicited calls from a company wrongfully representing itself as BCBSVT. The call shows up as an 800 number. The caller asked for personally identifiable information, such as date of birth and address, and asks if the member needs extra support, a stand-by nurse, or if the member has a medical history of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease.
BCBSVT is concerned that this may be a scam attempt to obtain the member’s information.
Here are some tips to avoid being scammed:
- BCBSVT will never make unsolicited calls to members requesting personally identifiable information.
- If you receive an unsolicited call from BCBSVT or any insurance company:
- Ask for the caller’s name,
- Ask for a call back number,
- Never give out personal information, and
- Hang up if the caller seems suspicious.
If you receive a call like this, but your information was not compromised, you can report the call in the following ways:
- Report the call to the Vermont Attorney General’s Consumer Assistance Program (CAP)
- Join the National Do Not Call Registry
- Report unwanted calls to the FTC and National Do Not Call Registry
If you believe you have been scammed or your information has been compromised, you can report the fraud in the following ways:
- DFR Insurance Division, Consumer Services at 802-828-3302 or email@example.com
- BCBSVT Customer Service, Fraud at 800-337-8440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to Hang Up on Phone Fraud!