Flood Insurance

Purchasing Flood Insurance

If you need flood insurance, contact a licensed Vermont agent. Typically you can start with the agent that the traditional homeowners insurance is through. While DFR does not regulate flood insurance carriers, the department does regulate the agents.

Flood Insurance Claims

If a person has a flood claim they should contact their agent or the carrier. Here are some resources that can help you file your claim. 

Flood Resources

Contact Information

Department of Financial Regulation
Consumer Services 
89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05620 - 3101

833-DFR-HOTLINE (toll free)
833-337-4685 (toll free)

Public Information
For public records, media inquiries, and press releases visit our Public Information web page

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
LinkedIn icon

Employee Information