Act 183 of 2022 established the COVID-19-Related Paid Leave Grant Program. The Department of Financial Regulation (DFR) will administer the Program and award grants to employers to reimburse eligible costs of providing COVID-19-related paid leave to employees.
The Program is still in development and additional details, including application procedures, will be available soon. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key information is summarized below:
- The Program period is from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023.
- Employers will be able to apply for grants to reimburse the cost of paid leave provided to employees for COVID-19-related reasons during the Program period. Employers may also apply for a grant to retroactively provide paid leave to employees who took unpaid leave for COVID-19-related reasons during the Program period.
- Grant applications may be submitted on a quarterly basis beginning on October 1, 2022 and ending on September 30, 2023 for paid leave provided during the preceding calendar quarter.
- A limited amount of funding is available for the Program, and grants will be awarded to eligible employers on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Limits apply to the number of hours, hourly wage, and aggregate maximum award per employee that an employer is eligible to receive. Grant funds may only be used in relation to the payment of an employee’s wages for the period when the employee was absent from work for a COVID-19-related reason.
- Grant recipients will be required to submit a report on use of funds to DFR and return any unspent funds.