Due to COVID-19, our staff is primarily working remotely. We are still open for business; however the remote nature of our work may cause some temporary disruptions our services. During this time sending an email may be the best way to reach us. Here's how to contact us.
- Alert: Revised Vermont Captive Insurance Specific Guidance Regarding COVID-19
- Vermont COVID-19 Information (Department of Health)
The mission of the Captive Insurance Division is to maintain a regulatory system that attracts quality business to Vermont, promotes our reputation in the industry, and safeguards the solvency of captive insurers while recognizing the special purpose for which they were created. The division pursues this mission by:
- Attracting and licensing quality programs whose primary purpose is risk management or risk financing;
- Performing ongoing financial surveillance;
- Performing periodic financial examinations;
- Implementing and enforcing laws and regulations;
- Developing effective and reasonable policies and procedures; and
- Advancing the growth of Vermont’s captive industry.
Please contact the Captive Insurance Division directly if you have questions or need help with an application or filing at 802-828-3304 or email@example.com. You can also go to Contact Us to connect with a specific staff member.