The mission of the Captive Insurance Division is to maintain a regulatory system that attracts quality business to Vermont, promotes our reputation in the industry, and safeguards the solvency of captive insurers while recognizing the special purpose for which they were created. The division pursues this mission by:
- Attracting and licensing quality programs whose primary purpose is risk management or risk financing;
- Performing ongoing financial surveillance;
- Performing periodic financial examinations;
- Implementing and enforcing laws and regulations;
- Developing effective and reasonable policies and procedures; and
- Advancing the growth of Vermont’s captive industry.
Website Under Construction
Our website is still under construction. We appreciate your patience while we continue to update our content. Please contact the Captive Insurance Division directly if you have questions or need help with an application or filing at 802-828-3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use our key contacts below to connect with a specific staff member.