|dfr-order-22-016-i-mccoy.pdf (77.97 KB)||77.97 KB|
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL REGULATION
IN RE: NAJJA MCCOY
DOCKET NO. 22-016-I
DEFAULT JUDGMENT AND ORDER
I.FINDINGS OF FACT
- Respondent NAJJA MCCOY (“Respondent”), whose mailing address of record is 2020 Innovation Court, De Pere, WI 54115 was issued Vermont non-resident producer license #3001545852 on September 2, 2021, which license expires on March 31, 2023.
- As of the effective date of this Default Judgment and Order, more than 30 days have passed since the Insurance Division served the Respondent with a Petition for Revocation of License and a Notice of Right to Hearing. No answer, request for a hearing, or other defense to the Petition has been received by the Insurance Division from Respondent.
- More than 10 days have passed since the Insurance Division filed a motion for default judgment in the above-captioned matter and served the motion on Respondent.
II.CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
- Because Respondent’s resident state insurance license in her home state of Wisconsin has been revoked, causing Respondent to lose good standing in Respondent’s resident state, revocation of Respondent’s Vermont non-resident insurance producer license is authorized pursuant to 8 V.S.A. § 4804(a)(2) and (10).
- Because Respondent failed to report to the Commissioner the administrative actions taken against Respondent by Wisconsin, revocation of Respondent’s license is authorized pursuant to 8 V.S.A. § 4813o and § 4804(a)(3).
- Because no answer, request for a hearing, or other defense to the Petition has been received by the Insurance Division from Respondent, and as more than 10 days have passed since the Insurance Division filed a motion for default judgment, the allegations contained in the Petition are treated as proven and a default judgment may be entered in the above-captioned matter, pursuant to Vermont Department of Financial Regulation Administrative Procedures, Regulation DFR-2022-01 (“Administrative Procedures”) Sections 1.04(H) and (V).
- Based on the findings of fact and conclusions of law set forth above, a default judgment is entered against Respondent, and it is hereby ordered that the non-resident insurance producer license # 3001545852 of Respondent NAJJA MCCOY is revoked, effective immediately.
Dated at Montpelier, Vermont this ______ day of August, 2022.
Kevin J. Gaffney
Commissioner of Financial Regulation
Vermont Department of Financial Regulation