The Vermont Banking Division regulates and examines a variety of entities that include banks, credit unions, lenders, mortgage brokers, sales finance companies, debt adjusters, and money servicers in accordance with Title 8 and Title 9 of the Vermont Annotated Statutes.
The Banking Division’s mission is to supervise business entities that offer financial services and products in such a way as:
- To assure the solvency, liquidity, stability and efficiency of all such organizations;
- To assure reasonable and orderly competition;
- To maintain close cooperation with other supervisory authorities;
- To protect consumers against unfair and unconscionable practices; and
- To provide consumer education.
Please contact the Banking Division directly if you have questions or need help. Contact the Banking Division at 833-337-4685 or email@example.com.