The Securities Division administers Vermont’s “Blue Sky Laws” contained in the Vermont Uniform Securities Act, 9 VSA Chapter 150 (Securities Act). The Securities Division is responsible for protecting Vermonters from investment fraud and promoting the development of Vermont’s capital markets by:
- Reviewing and registering securities offered to Vermont investors and where appropriate granting registration exceptions to facilitate capital formation;
- Registering Broker-Dealers, Investment Advisors, and their agents and representatives;
- Conducting regular financial examinations on investment professionals;
- Responding to investor complaints and investigating potential violations of the securities laws;
- Bringing administrative or civil actions against violators of the securities laws;
- Educating Vermont investors, industry participants and businesses about securities laws; and
- Updating securities regulations to keep pace with evolutions in the industry.