The Department of Financial Regulation, as stipulated by law, the Legislature, or other governing body, may serve on a public council, commission, or other public body to provide advice and recommendations on financial regulation topics. In accordance with Vermont open meeting laws, the department will provide notice and document these public meeting as required.
The commission was established in June 2017 to determine whether and how to establish a single statewide health benefit plan for all teachers, administrators, and other employees of supervisory unions and school districts. The commission submitted the report below to the Legislature on December 18, 2017.
- Final Report [add document]
- David Provost, Chair
- Jean Kelty, Executive Assistant
- Michael Pieciak, Commissioner of Financial Regulation
- Diane Lewis, Executive Assistant
- Paulette O'Bryan, Executive Assistant
- Kaj Samsom, Commissioner of Taxes
- Jeff Fannon, Executive Director of Vermont NEA
- David Van Deusen, Staff Representative
- Nicole Mace, Executive Director, Vermont School Boards Association
- Jeff Francis, Executive Director, Vermont Superintendents Association
- Barbara Griffin, One non-legislator member appointed by the Speaker
- George Cross, One non-legislator member appointed by the Senate Committee on Committees
The Department of Financial Regulation and the Attorney General’s Office released a joint Data Broker Working Group Report [add link], as required by Act 66 of 2017. The report recommends that the Legislature consider several potential actions, and also proposes a legislative definition of the term “data broker.”
A variety of related documents are available on the Attorney General’s website.