Captive Insurance


Captive Insurance NAIC Annual Statement FAQs

  1. What do I do if our Company had an audit adjustment last year?

Option 1: The NAIC Annual Statement Instructions state that corrections of errors in previously filed information should be reported as an adjustment to surplus in the current year with an appropriate identifying title as a write-in item for the Aggregate Write-ins for Gains or Losses to Surplus.

Approved Service Providers

Image result for captive actuaries


Approved Service Providers

Approved Service Providers consist of approved independent CPAs, approved actuaries and approved captive management companies. The attached pdfs provide current listings in all of these categories. 


Where to Send
Notice & Registration Filings and General Information

Submit electronically to:

or Mail to:

Vermont Department of Financial Regulation - Captive Insurance Division
Val Stark, Captive Administrative Assistant
89 Main Street
Montpelier, VT  05620-3101
Tel:  802-828-3304

Registration in Vermont


Risk Retention Groups

If you are a Risk Retention Group domiciled in a state other than Vermont and would like to register to do business in Vermont, please submit the following material:



Please note that the lists are updated as indicated below.  For questions or specific requests please contact DFR Captive Insurance


Subscribe to RSS - Captive Insurance

Contact Information

Department of Financial Regulation
Commissioner Michael Pieciak
89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05620 - 3101

Public Information
For public records, media inquiries, and press releases visit our Public Information web page

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
LinkedIn icon





Employee Information