Skip to main content


Agents and Advisers

Applications for initial registration or renewal by a broker-dealer agents and investment adviser representatives will not be deemed complete until the required fee and all required submissions have been filed with the Central Registration Depository (CRD) and the Vermont Securities Division, including any information or documentation requested by the Division after an initial submission. Failure to complete the application or renewal procedures as set forth below may result in termination of an application or registration.



Registration by Coordination – Offerings of securities also filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange commission may be registered by coordination.

Full requirements for Registration by Coordination can be found in 9 V.S.A. § 5303 and V.S.R. § 4-1(a)

Required materials:



Commonly Used Exemptions that require filings with the Securities Division:

Vermont Crowdfunding – Vermont’s Intrastate Crowdfunding Exemption where Vermont businesses can offer securities to Vermont residents.

Full requirements of Vermont Crowdfunding can be found in V.S.R. § 5-11.

Filing Requirements:

Investment Advisers

An investment adviser is an individual or a firm that is in the business of giving advice about securities to clients. Investment advisors wanting to do business in Vermont must register with the Department of Financial Regulation, renew their registration annually, and may be required to complete other filings as outlined below.

Subscribe to Securities