Statement from Commissioner Michael Pieciak

Statement from Commissioner Pieciak: DFR staff have been directed to work remotely from home, and will continue to do so until further notice. The department is still conducting business, however the remote nature of our work may cause some temporary disruptions or delays in DFR services. Read the full letter for more information about contacting DFR.

Foreign RRG and RPG Information

NAIC Homepage

Companies interested in registering to do business in Vermont as a Foreign Risk Retention Group (RRG) or a Foreign Purchasing Group (RPG) see Registration in Vermont. The application forms must be filled out in their entirety, should include all material required, and be submitted in hard copy; we are unable to accept electronic copies at this time. no incomplete package will be accepted. there are presently no initial or annual filing fees.


Contact Information

Department of Financial Regulation
Consumer Services 
89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05620 - 3101

833-DFR-HOTLINE (toll free)
833-337-4685 (toll free)

Public Information
For public records, media inquiries, and press releases visit our Public Information web page

Twitter icon
Facebook icon
LinkedIn icon





Employee Information